M.Tech. Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology is an interdisciplinary area of study drawing on talents from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Computer Science. To exploit various applications of nanomaterials one needs to have a thorough understanding of the various disciplines of Science and Technology. Realising this special feature of this area, University of Delhi has initiated a three (3) years M.Tech course in the area of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. The Course is being jointly conducted by Department of Physics & Astrophysics and Department of Chemistry under Faculty of Science of the University of Delhi. The Department has five regular faculty members (among them three are allied to Department of Chemistry and two are allied to Department of Physics & Astrophysics of the University). Beside this, we have a number of allied faculty members from other Science Departments along with some eminent faculty members various colleges of the University of Delhi. The rapid development and the possibility of commercialization of the Nano-Based products in the Indian market warrants appropriate development of human resource in this field. The syllabus is designed to meet the challenges and opportunities that this field can offer to the society.
- The M.Tech Course on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology is being jointly conducted by Department of Physics & Astrophysics and Department of Chemistry of the University of Delhi.
- The duration of the course is 3 years consists of six semesters. However, students will be required to undergo course work/ lab training in the summer vacations during the three years of the programme, either in the Department or at other National Labs.
- The total number of seats for the course is 15.
- It is mandatory for the students to have a cumulative attendance of 75% at any point during the course. If, a student does not satisfy this condition, his/her registration can be cancelled. If vacancy arises due to cancellation during the first two weeks, the seat will be offered to the next candidate in the waiting list.
2. Minimum Eligibility Criteria
A Candidate must have qualified
the Joint Admission Test (JAM-2014) to M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)
M.Sc. Admission Entrance Test-2014 for Physics/Chemistry conducted by the University of Delhi.
Bachelors Degree in Physics/ Chemistry with 60% aggregate marks for General Category & 55% for all reserved categories.
Completed at least one year course in Mathematics at the Bachelors level
Important Point.: If Entrance test (JAM/M.Sc.-2014)/B.Sc. results are not available at the time of submission of online application form then the candidate has to provide roll no. for Entrance test duly issued by the concerned department and the aggregate marks up to last semester/year (whichever is applicable) for shortlisting the candidates.